Free Tax Clinic Program
Time & Location
About the Event
Diversecities is here to help! Partnering with CPA Alberta, Diversecities' tax clinic program completes personal tax returns for low-income individuals and families during the March to April periods.
This free service is only available to those individuals and families whose total income fall into the following earnings categories and can be substantiated through official tax information slips:
Family Size: 1 person
Total family income is under: $35,000
Family Size: 2 persons
Total family income is under: $45,000
Family Size: 3 persons
Total family income is under: $47,500
Family Size: 4 persons
Total family income is under: $50,000
Family Size: 5 persons
Total family income is under: $52,500
Family Size: More than 5 persons
Total family income is under: $52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person.
Examples of types of income include:
- T4 (Statement of Remuneration Paid);
- T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income);
- T4A(OAS) (Statement of Old Age Security);
- T4A(P) (Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits);
- T4E (Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits);
- T4RSP (Statement of RRSP Income);
- T5007 (Statement of Benefits);
- T5 (Interest in Investment Income)
All interest income, investment income (U.S. or Canadian), etc., is considered as income and is subject to the income guidelines.
- Individuals who have self-employment income or rental income, regardless of the amount of income
- Individuals who passed away in 2020, and their spouses
*If a taxpayer has passed away after Jan 01, 2021, the tax return can be processed through this program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (403) 265 - 8446 to sign up.
Please access the CPA Community Partner Tax Clinic Consent Form here.